WACL is wonderful club for the most influential women in the UK Communications Industry. It was established in 1923 by a handful of pioneering women who were the first to make it to senior positions in the UK communications and media industry. Since then WACL members have met to network, inspire and support each other and have a lot of fun in the process. Our members represent many of the most senior women in client organisations, media owners, advertising and media agencies. Our activities include:
- Prestigious speaker dinners for members and their guests (both men and women).
- Members’ events such as: House of Commons advertising debate, talks for aspiring NEDs.
- Charity fundraising; 2015-16 charities are NABS & Breast Cancer Now. Fundraising centres around the annual Christmas Gala.
- The Future Leaders’ Award: a scheme offering training bursaries to women within the industry to help enhance their likelihood of reaching the top.
- Gather and Gatherings: A programme of training and inspiration events to help develop female talent, culminating in Gather – a brilliant day of inspiration and learning for 400 women.
- Influencing: we work in a variety of constructive ways to influence our industry on issues affecting women at all stages of their careers.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you would like to know more about us. Details about joining the club can be found on the WACL membership tab in the ‘About’ channel of this site.
President of WACL, CEO Thinkbox