WACL is a wonderful club for the most influential women in the UK Communications industry. Established in 1923 by a handful of pioneering women, WACL members have since met regularly to network, inspire, support each other and have a lot of fun as they do. Our members represent many of the most senior women in client organisations, media owners, advertising and media agencies.
Our theme for this year is “Speak up, join in”. Our events and activities include:
- Prestigious speaker dinner and breakfast events for members and their guests. See the list of previous speakers here
- Members’ events such as events for aspiring NEDs/agile workers; debates and dinners
- WACL has raised over £1.5M over the last 10 years for charity. In 2016-17, we will be supporting our industry charity NABS and Alzheimer’s Research UK
- The Future Leaders’ Award: bursaries for women in the industry to support their interests and development.
- Gather and Gatherings: inspirational training and networking events to support and develop female talent.
- Influencing and engaging on issues affecting women at all stages of their careers.
Details about how to join WACL can be found here on the membership tab, housed in the ‘About’ section of this site.
Pippa Glucklich, WACL President & CEO, Starcom